Tea tree oil is one of the most well-known essential oils for purifying and cleansing the skin. Tea Tree Oil has shown a high degree of efficacy in clearing and promoting healthy nails. It can also be applied topically in ointments, salves and compresses to encourage skin health. It can be mixed with hair oils to eliminate dandruff and other fungal infections in hair.
It can be used in the following ways
- Facial Steam: Add 1-5 drops in a steaming bowl of hot water and cover both head and bowl with a towel. Excellent for bringing comfort to the sinuses and respiratory system and for enhancing skin health.
- Diffuser: Diffuse tea tree alone or in combination with eucalyptus and lavender as needed throughout the day, especially when colds and flus are being passed around.
- Scalp : Tea tree essential oil has great benefits as a scalp cleanser.
- Fresh Mouth: Diluted in water, pure and natural tea tree oil can be used as a mouthwash. Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil into 2 oz of water and gargle.
- Clean House: There are many uses for tea tree enhancing home cleanliness. Tea tree oil can be added to your household cleansers to amplify their purifying action or used directly for a more powerful effect.